One Hour Baby Sweater

tropicallie

If this has been posted before, I'm sorry, I missed it. I've made a couple of these for quick gifts - scroll down to see how cute they are out of just plain ol yarn. The last one I made out of RH aran fleck and it really was a nice looking little sweater. Oh - it does take longer than an hour (for me at least) -maybe about 2 hours.

http://www.geocities.com/crotiques/onehourbabysweater.htm

Very pretty sweater.....I really love it and will have to make one or two of those. :cheer :cheer :cheer I love to make baby things....they don't take quite as long to make as the larger items do and are easy to tote around when I crochet on the go.

Well, I just want to say that this is by no means a one hour sweater! LOL

I have been working on it for one hour and I am not even 1/4 up on the first panel! LOL

Granted, it's a stitch I have NEVER done before, and it looks cool, but I just wanted everyone to know....

It's very cute. I will try one over the weekend. Thanks for sharing!

Linda:manyheart

Well, I just want to say that this is by no means a one hour sweater! LOL

I have been working on it for one hour and I am not even 1/4 up on the first panel! LOL

Granted, it's a stitch I have NEVER done before, and it looks cool, but I just wanted everyone to know....

It's the tunisian stitch. I found using an afghan hook was a little easier than the rubberband-around-the-regular-hook way. But either way, I don't think even Lily Chin could crank this out in an hour. But on the other hand, it is really cute when done.

tropicallie, I had such a hard time with it that I finally gave up. What is interesting is that it looked like a knitted stitch! I would like to try it again with an afghan hook...it was cute, what I did of it.

Archived