Crochet is cool...

whether people know it or not. I am surprised at how many people wear crochet and don't know what it is. I read stories on here of younger people who love their crochet ponchos and that is because they are different!:clap I think it is hilarious that people will wear a poncho and I will comment on the crocheted design and they will say they had no clue how it was "knitted" (I know, I know...I won't even go there:th ). I have been watching the news lately (BBC so british) and it really seems that luxury goods are coming back. I think people are getting sick and tried of looking like everyone else. Cheap, mass produced things are really becoming passe in my opinion. The other thing is you can make the things to actually fit you. I am going through my clothes at the minute as I am moving and have found things I will never and have never worn which I am taking to the Thrift Store. I would rather have a few very nice looking and nice fitting clothes than a bunch of cheap, ill-fitting clothes.

Well I just wanted to get that off my chest...:sb

Rachel

I agree. I have nice crocheted shirts my sister made for me that I wear and love. Just finished a poncho, too....fun!

I think it is so weird when people see crochet and call it knit. (We, of course, can tell the difference.) Then there are the people who like to tease and come up to me when I have one crochet hook and ask, "Watcha knittin'?" :ohdear:wink

From another...

My fiance still asks me what I am knitting and he sees me crocheting every night! LOL

I think that handmade garments are so unique and gorgeous. I am currently working on a vintage bed jacket for my sister (and one for myslef of course) and she is so excited because it will so different that what everyone else in college is wearing. Victoria's Secret is selling a bed jacket, but she would rather have an original from her big sister then go out and buy what everyone else is buying and wearing.

Archived