tapestry crochet help

kmadel

I'm just starting my first tapestry crochet piece, and have a question: on all the diagrams I've seen showing how to 'carry' the yarn not is use, it looks like it should run along the top of the stiches in the previous row. When I try to do that, though, you can see the yarn through the stitches no matter what I do.

So, I've gotten it to work by carrying the yarn behind the previous row instead of on top. Is that how I should be doing it? If not, any ideas on why the color shows through when I carry it on top of my stitches?

:think

Krista

You are supposed to crochet over the carrying thread, so that it is inside the stitch, if that makes sense. The only reason I can think of that you can see the yarn through the stitches is that maybe you are either using too large of a hook or your stitches are too loose. If not, I am not sure :shrug I did the Horse Around Purse and the only problem I had was the color changes were hard to do without a bit of a halo around it. I never could get rid of it.

:)I AM DOING THE SAME KIND OF WORK RECENTLY FINDING THAT IT HAD AN ACTUAL NAME. NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY TO CARRY THE YARN, AS I FIND THE CARRIED COLOR WILL SHOW. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T PULL TO TIGHTLY OR THE ARTICLE WILL ) ( AS YOU CONTINUE TO WORK ONLY TO | | WHEN YOU HAVE STOPPED FOR THE DAY TO START THE NEXT DAY.;) I HOPE THIS HELPS

Archived