Afghan Collector's Series

I just got an e-mail from The Needlecraft Shop advertising their Afghan Collector Series. It is one of those series where you are sent a package of patterns every so often and if you like them you pay $9.95 and keep them and they send you a binder.

Has anyone else joined this series? Did you like it? Were the patterns worth it?

I've been receiving these for about a year now. I am very happy with them and have made quite a few. My personal opinion is that they are worth it. My suggestion is that you can try it for a few months and then make your decision.

I started it about a year ago and the patterns just keep coming and coming and coming. I'm curious enough to open the package and look at them and then, of course I have to buy them. But, actually, I only like about 4 of the patterns. At $13.00 something each, they've made some good money off me for something I rarely use.

• 1 year later...

I have (had) been enrolled with them for a long while. Then, suddenly they stopped sending the patterns to me. Would you mind sending me the address they sent to you so that I can contact them? I tried finding it on-line with no results. Anything you can send will be much appreciated. Thanks, M Sheppard

I, too, subscribed for about a year. Some of the patterns were nice, but you can find equally nice free patterns online ... most specifically through Crochet Pattern Central. I still haven't worked up any of the patterns from the Club and probably never will......

So save your money. Buy a gallon of gas. It's a better investment.

Archived