Pastel Rocks

jaclim

I love making jewelry with a "freeform" look on it. ;) I've already made several using the same technique (Thanks, Fiona for the inspiration!:hug ) but with different mix of beads each time. It's so much fun experimenting! :D I found these beautiful unusually shaped glass rocks when I went bead shopping last week. I knew I had to buy a strand when I saw it. :lol The bracelet is made entirely with sc's. I used a Tulip size 3/0 for this one and of course size 10 cotton thread. ;)

th_pastelrocksbeadcrochetedbracelel.jpg

(clickable)

I can write down the schematics for this if anyone is interested. This is also a good project for anyone who wants to try bead crochet. :D

I love the rocks where you get yours I got mine at JoAnns, Did you use the strechy string? I have never used it before? I would love to buy the larger river rocks with holes in them, have you ever seen any? I have to admit Im so very new to this jewerly thing.:hook

Hi Bonnie! Thanks! :D:hug

Hi Vims! I love Indian beads! I bought some at the recent trade show and I just love them! I wish I could go there someday and buy beads.....;)

Here's how I did it:

Thread your beads onto your size 10 thread. You can string them randomly in any order you like. You can put size 6 glass seed beads in every 3-4 beads. Depending on the size of your beads, I strung the beads until about 20". Then you decide what finding you like for your bracelet or necklace. I used silver toggle and clasp for mine. I took the toggle then attached my thread to it using sl st. Do this 2 times for strength.

Next you chain adding bead each time until about 9 - 10" long then attach the clasp using sl st. Sc in the next beadchain adding a bead in the second thread over. You have to crochet snug. Your bracelet will twist a bit and this is normal. Continue adding beadsc's until you reach the end of the beadchain. Sl st again into toggle. End off and weave in ends. :) Have fun mixing different bead shapes and sizes.

Here's a couple more I've made before using some Indian glass beads and dyed shell beads:

th_freeformbeadcrochetbracelet.jpg

Gotta warn you.....this is guaranteed addicting! I'd love to see your version! :hug

I love the rocks where you get yours I got mine at JoAnns, Did you use the strechy string? I have never used it before? I would love to buy the larger river rocks with holes in them, have you ever seen any? I have to admit Im so very new to this jewerly thing.:hook

Hi! I'm from Manila. I bought mine from my favorite beading supply store. I used bedspreadweight cotton for this like the thread I'm selling. lol! I used Monaco since I feel it's stronger. I didn't use stretchy string because these rocks are quite heavy and I'm afraid the stretchy stuff might break.

If you want some of the sea glass (I've been told by Roli these look like one) I can find some more for you. This is the last strand with multi-colored rocks. The ones left at the store had only single colors in each strand. I haven't offered these for sale yet because I wanted to see how these beads work up. :D

Hi Bonnie! Thanks! :D:hug

Hi Vims! I love Indian beads! I bought some at the recent trade show and I just love them! I wish I could go there someday and buy beads.....;)

Here's how I did it:

Thread your beads onto your size 10 thread. You can string them randomly in any order you like. You can put size 6 glass seed beads in every 3-4 beads. Depending on the size of your beads, I strung the beads until about 20". Then you decide what finding you like for your bracelet or necklace. I used silver toggle and clasp for mine. I took the toggle then attached my thread to it using sl st. Do this 2 times for strength.

Next you chain adding bead each time until about 9 - 10" long then attach the clasp using sl st. Sc in the next beadchain adding a bead in the second thread over. You have to crochet snug. Your bracelet will twist a bit and this is normal. Continue adding beadsc's until you reach the end of the beadchain. Sl st again into toggle. End off and weave in ends. :) Have fun mixing different bead shapes and sizes.

Here's a couple more I've made before using some Indian glass beads and dyed shell beads:

th_freeformbeadcrochetbracelet.jpg

Gotta warn you.....this is guaranteed addicting! I'd love to see your version! :hug

Thanks Jackie! Will follow your method and post my work here:)

hugs

Vims

Archived