Size Charts

Lavelle26

Question

Hi everyone, I have been designing some baby clothes and such and have been using this chart at CGOA.

There is one problem I am having. For the neck back to cuff length for size 18m is 14" but then it jumps to 18" for 24 months. All other measurements are only about an inch apart.

So, my questions to you is, Is this right??? If not, where can I find a more accurate table for baby sizes (and children/adult too)

8 answers to this question

Sorry Drew. I meant to include the link in my message. That is actually the chart I am talking about. Have you made these sizes before? Have you ever had trouble with thier sizing on other sizes?

Sorry Drew. I meant to include the link in my message. That is actually the chart I am talking about. Have you made these sizes before? Have you ever had trouble with thier sizing on other sizes?

No, I've never had any troubles, but I always trust my instincts too. If you feel like it's not quite right, then you should go with what you feel is best. You're the designer! :wink

:bounce

Thanks...what about trusting someone else's instincts????:lol Is that okay in the design world??? I don't have children that age so I don't know how big the jump should be between those sizes.

Anna,

I've got a 17-month-old that wears 24 mo/2T clothes.

The jump in clothing size from 18 month to 24 month was about the same, proportionately, for the body width and length (the other size increases were for 0-3 to 3-6 to 6-9 to 12 to 18 months... 3 month jumps up until the 12 month to 18 month jump). My daughter is finally asleep, or I would go measure a few items just to check the total lengths. I did check a growth chart (http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/growthcharts/), and it shows a 4†growth “jump†from 18 months to 24 months.

2Ts seem to me to be a lot longer than even 24-month clothes. I’ve got my own theories on why there is the difference (but I don’t know): moving to T or Toddler sizes presupposes that the child is walking/standing. When my daughter first moved to 24 month and 2T clothes, she didn’t yet. The length in the body was GREAT, as she was moving so much more with crawling and sitting and whatnot, and 18 month clothes were straining to stay closed at the crotch. Legs were just far too long, longer with 2T than 24 months. Once she learned to walk very well she hasn’t had much of a problem with the length.

To make a long story short (well, too late), I would go with the extra length, but I would suggest more of the increase in the body than the legs.

Thanks KateCrochets. I guess my biggest worry wasn't the length of a dress but the length from the middle of the back to the wrist (cuff) It was a huge jump but everything I see tells me that is true so I guess I will leave it. And that is also a 6 month time period instead of 3 like the smaller sizes...so there's going to be a bigger gap.

Archived