Smelly felting question?

ktornatola

I've just done my second felting piece. I used LB wool in black and winter white. My first piece was ok, but this one smells like perm. Does that make any sense? And if it does, how do I get rid of the smell? It's drying now. :think

Thanks for any help!

Kim

I usually toss a glug or so of vinegar in the water with the item and on the final rinse, I put in some Hair conditioner.

I catch my darling husband sniffing my finished bags and smiling all the time :hug

You can also try using a product like Eucalan's No-Rinse Lavender Wool Wash. I use it with my felting/felling projects & it helps with the smell and conditions the wool; plus it adds a natural moth inhibitors. And like the others have said, any smell that is left after the process will go away as the piece dries. You can find it at pretty much any LYS or craft store... or you can go to their web site ( http://www.eucalan.com/ ) and ask them to send you a free sample (free is ALWAYS a good thing!) I really like the stuff & have also used it on other garments that need a gentle touch when washing.

Archived