Wool dilema

woolycow

Question

I bought a Make it Quick baby blanket kit by Bernat which has a kind of boucle yarn (the kit doesn't specify a name for it and the wrappers are plain with the Bernat name on it. The problem is I've never used this kind of yarn before and am having a real hard time "finding" the stitches. Can anyone give me any tips for using this stuff? I really like the blanket design, the mauve and white colours and don't want to give up on it but it's getting really frustrating :thair

4 answers to this question

When working with any yarn like that for me... I feel my way along. Chances are, if you can't see where to put your hook, you can still feel it... and if it doens't go exactly where it belongs, it should be close enough!

I once made a blanket using Bernat Soft Boucle. I use an sc, ch1 pattern throughout so that I wouldn't have to find the stitches. I'm sure I messed up numerous times since I was never able to find stitches using that yarn. One idea, depending on how many stitches you have is that when you make a stitch, put a marker (I use bobby pins) in it to mark that as a stitch that should be worked in in the next round. Good luck!

I bought a Make it Quick baby blanket kit by Bernat which has a kind of boucle yarn (the kit doesn't specify a name for it and the wrappers are plain with the Bernat name on it. The problem is I've never used this kind of yarn before and am having a real hard time "finding" the stitches. Can anyone give me any tips for using this stuff? I really like the blanket design, the mauve and white colours and don't want to give up on it but it's getting really frustrating :thair

I made a short-sleeved top with that stuff. I'm sure I made plenty of mistakes, but just felt my way along and it came out fine. Keep on keeping on, I'm sure you'll do great. And stop pulling out your hair, the older you get the less you have of it. no sense starting earlier than you need:P

Archived