Dyeing crochet shoes

firerose

Hi everyone! Im a newbie to this forum and although I dont know if this is the appropriate place to ask, I thought I'd give it a shot since I couldn't find the info I needed anywhere else online. I bought crochet shoes and I wanted to know if it was possible to dye such material to achieve a warm tan color. And if so, how would I go on about doing so? I know of a website that has pics of shoes that are nearly identical to mine, but I dont know if posting the web's url will violate the forum's bandwith theft rule. I do not know much about crocheting or about dyeing fabrics, but since everyone here seems really knowledgeable about both, I thought someone would be able to advise. Thanks!

bandwidth theft or "hot linking" applies to the images only. It's fine to show the url of the page where the image is displayed. Just don't directly link to the image itself.

If you want to post the actual image here and you have a website or membership in one of the free sites where you store photos, you can save the image, upload it to your site, and then include the image in your post by using the image URL on your site.

I can't help with your question about the shoes though :(

Catana, I'm don't know the fiber count, and am not entirely sure how to go on about finding out that info.

Thanks JCB on the tea dyeing idea...I've read a lot about kool-aid dying, but I'm afraid to douse the shoes into anything too hot to allow the color to penetrate as the bottom of the shoes are plastic (I think) and I don't want them to get damaged.

This might sound like a dumb question, but if I were to have it professionally dyed, where would I take them? The dry cleaners?

Archived