Baby help!

thecrochetdude

Question

No, not THAT kind of baby help! :eek

I actually need to know the circumference of a baby's arm. I just designed a shrug for a six month old this morning but don't have any six month olds hanging around to check the circumference of their arms. And Chandler hides when she sees me get out my tape measure (she's not six months old anymore, but about the size of a child I think). :cat

Don't Google "baby's arm", you do NOT want to go where the Internet goes with that term...

Anyone got some numbers for me? :think

:bounce

3 answers to this question

This chart might help. It give the measurement as 6 1/2" for the upper arm: http://www.fibergypsy.com/common/children.shtml

I have a 6, almost 7, month old granddaughter. I'll check next time I see her.

I just read in a magazine last night the same measurements that are given on the table at the link above. So it probably a good chart of standardized measurements. Just keep in mind that a 6 mo old baby is not always wearing a 6 mo size. If you are making something for an individual, always check and see what size they are wearing. My 11 yr old is wearing a size 16 and my 5 yr old is almost in a size 7. But I do know some kids that stick pretty close to age size.

Archived