Serafina shawl - alternate yarns/threads

MaryH.S.

Question

:help:eek I know I've seen a site that gave many alternative yarns/threads for the Serafina shawl but I neglected to file it with my Serafina files.

Does anyone here know what I'm talking about and could you help?

If I'm thinking of the Batwing shawl, perhaps the alternatives could be used.

:U Thank you for any and all help. :ty

Luv 'n hugs,

Mary//HOLLY

4 answers to this question

:help:eek I know I've seen a site that gave many alternative yarns/threads for the Serafina shawl but I neglected to file it with my Serafina files.

Does anyone here know what I'm talking about and could you help?

If I'm thinking of the Batwing shawl, perhaps the alternatives could be used.

:U Thank you for any and all help. :ty

Luv 'n hugs,

Mary//HOLLY

Personally, I think it could be made with any yarn. I've made it with acrylic and with peaches & cream cotton. Both turned out beautiful. I've often thought it would look great in a ribbon yarn. Use your imagination.

I was winding off a bunch of yarn that was in skeins in my stash today and came across a fine weight hand dye superwash boucle that I thought would work well for the serafina... but then it might be too brightly colored... so then I came across some hand dyed wool/nylon that is like sock weight... so I might use that. If you've made the serafina, do you think it would work well for a verigated type hand dyed yarn? I have seen the lovely serafina's that are made with the Rainbow Boucle, but this yarn is much more variable, a very typical hand dye...

What do you think?

Archived