Ruined blanket?

shona

Question

5 answers to this question

:think How much of it did you cut?

:think Why did you cut it?

:think Does it have a straight edge, or is it a ripple?

:think Have you ever heard of Satin Blanket Binding?

:think Can you post a picture of the damage?

:cheerLet me know the answers to these questions and the cure could be forthcoming.

Most important, dont panic.:eek

Colleen:hug

DON"T PANIC!!...After days of working on my Elmo graph afghan I finally finished it and accidently cut a big ole hole in it....I was able to fix it by making a patch of single crochet for about 5 rows and I was able to "blend" it in with the stitches and you can hardly tell....I do feel for you though cause I know that feeling way to well....Good luck on finding a solution.

The pattern is exactly symmetrical and i thought i put one row too many on the last section so I tried to take it apart but i wouldn't come apart, so I cut it. That's when i realized that i had it upside down and I just cut the foundation. It is a straight edge. I thought about doing a satin border to fix it (much after I calmed down). How does the satin binding work. Thank you so much for your help.

:cheer I imagine you will find Blanket Binding at a Craft store or similar.

It is usually wide and made already doubled in half so you just fit it over the edges and stitch through all layers. You could stitch it on with the yarn the rug is made in so it loos like yoou did it on purpose.

You can Mitre the corners or do both ends only or do both ends then both sides, neatening the ends of the binding and stitching them down.

Would be a good idea to stitch over the bits you have cut, even though, as you have found out, it will not unravel backwards in a hurry.

I have just thought of another thing you could do.

:cheer What about getting a contrast yarn and crocheting an edging in SCs, going down into the row after the damaged row. This would make a nice solid edge.

Or even using two strands of yarn and Blanket Stitching all around the edges working the stitches close together.

Whatever you do, when it is fixed, dont even tell anyone what you did. It should be our secret.

:think I have, when knitting, unravelled the wrong piece of knitting and had to then re-do the faulty bit and the good bit.

I only ever did it once so maybe you can look on this as a learning curve and never do it again.

:cheer I always finish things off in the same way so that I always know where to look for the end should I need to un-pick at any stage and I can assure you, that has happened plenty of times over the years.

Good luck.

Colleen:hug

Archived