Altering Blog Templates

ZingyZoid

I would like to change the background color on my blog. I can get all the fonts to change color and style. I can arrange the different sections the way I like but for the life of me I cannot get the darn thing to display a background color or pattern. I can get anything I like to show up in my preview option. What am I not doing? Thanks so much for any help!

www.zingsthings.blogspot.com

I never could get my background to show up with a blogger template either, I'm relived to know I'm not the only one :P I thought I knew a bit about html, but our class never covered css stylesheets :U and I ain't paying to take another one :U:blush

Stacy, I'm not sure why changing the background color like EmpressBusyBee said is not working. I tried it on my secret test blog :D! with the same template you're using and it worked for me. :shrug

Thanks everyone for trying to help out and commenting. I don't think that I changed anything important in the template before I tried changing the background but it's entirely possibly... Maybe it's all just a sign that the blog gods don't want me to be messing with things I know nothing about, lol.

Thanks so much. It could be anything with me. The only things I know how to do with my blog come from copy/pasting things from other peoples templates or suggestions I read here. It's all guesswork for me, lol.

I've figured it out... you're indeed missing a ";"!

Here's what you have in your template:

body {

background: #074680

margin:0;

It should be:

body {

background: #074680;

margin:0;

with the ";" after the background colour! (I created a temporary blog, and tried out the difference.)

Andrea

:woohoo Andrea!!! Oh you made my night, lmao!! It works, it works lol. I must have deleted that darn thing when I was playing around and never noticed. Even when I compared my template to the original I didn't see it. :ty so much!

You're welcome! Those sneaky little semicolons are hard to see... and I'm used to having the compiler pointing out any that I've forgotten. I didn't see it myself, until I tried making changes to a test blog... first I did the same number, then I added the extra space, and only *then* did I notice the missing semicolon! ;)

Andrea

lol Empress, you were right there pointing it out to me too and still I didn't see it. I can be a little thick sometimes.:))

Archived