NEED HELP - Quirky the Bluebird

andiM

Question

Hi all,

My friend at work is trying to crochet " Quirky - the Bluebird" pattern from the recent edition of Crochet World (click on Quirky the bluebird pattern to see). And she is now down to the left wing of the pattern and is having trouble.

It reads: RND1: With 1 strand of each sky blue and sapphire held tog, ch 11, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in each of the next 8 chs, 3 sc in last ch, working on opposite side of foundation ch, sc, in ext 8 chs, 2 sc in same ch as beg sc (22 sc). :blush

Problem: We are fine with the pattern until working on opposite side of foundation..... it says at the end you should end up with 22 sc? How? It doesn't seem possible. Can anyone tell me what we are doing wrong ? Or is it possible the pattern is wrong? :think

Thanks in advance,

AndiM

5 answers to this question

what you're doing is crocheting a chain and then working around both sides of it.

so - you do sc in 2nd chain from hook - thats 1

then sc in next 8 - thats 9

3 sc in the last stitch for turn around - thats 12

8 sc up the other side - thats 20

and 2 sc in the beginning - thats 22

you have to count the stitches all the way around the oval - not just one side - you're working out from the center.

Hope that helped - I'm not sure if I explained it well.

Good luck!

:clapYes Yes now I see the light... am working out from the center and count them all ... ok whew ... that threw us for a loopy! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :hug:manyheart:yay

Archived