Great Afghan book I found.

CLLinda

It's called "100 Afghans to Knit and Crochet" by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss and it is a great resourse for afghans. Usually I am a little afraid when the title has the word "knit" in it. There are usually quite a few knitting patterns and very few crochet. BUT not here. This book is mostly crochet afghans and very few knitting. It probably is a 75-25 ratio.

The afghans are new and inviting. Many of them with squares, ripples and other things, but in new colors and new designs.

There is one with a train silhouette in the center and then rows of like a granny square stitch all around it in black, red, and white. I think I will do the stripes in Red, white and blue, because trains are American!

It is a well designed book and I can't wait to start on the train one. Just two wip's to get through and then I am off on the train.

Check this book out . It is worth the price. I got it through Crafter's Choice book club.

Enjoy.

Linda:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

I also bought that book through Amazon along with Heirloom Afghans to Knit and Crochet also by them. I also have worn copies of some of their earlier books, 7 day Afghans and Weekend afghans. And I often go back to my favorite patterns in those books too. They do beautiful afghans.

LI Roe

Archived