Ferret Friends rescue...

Sahmlock

Just to let everyone know you don't have to use swivl hooks plastic shower curtain rings work well too and are cheap to use we use them at the shelter

Thats a great idea too! Dont know why I never thought of that for my two!!

Krystal

Krystal I am glad I helped I thought of it after I did the other post we at the shelter work on donations so money is tight and useing the plastic shower curtain rings works well because you can get then real cheap at any dollar store and when they wear out you replace them without breaking the bank

Deborah:idea

• 1 year later...
Just FYI, ferret hammocks can also be made out of a single layer of fleece...they should be at least 12"x12" and you can rivet the corners to attach the clips. The great thing is that they're washable and virtually indestructable.

I ordered some of these hammocks for my chinchillas. This should give you a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about (and Sahmlock, you can pass that link along to your sister)...the woman was a pleasure to deal with.

Just a thought, if anyone has any fleece lying around. :) I do love cute critters. :D

TO CITY GIRL

I HAVE FLEECE, ALSO DO YOU HAVE THE DELPHINIUM DREAM AFGHAN

PATTERN, STARTED IT AND LOST THE PATTERN

THANK YOU GRAYCE EMAIL mariah123rt@yahoo.com

so, i could make a 12 inch square and then put little straps at the corners with clips? i think i could do that. if i get one done, i'll pm you for your address. now, what is a ferrets favorite color?:lol

As far as I know Ferrets see in mostly gray shades BUT they can see Red!!!

I learned this 'cause my daughter and I take in unwanted Piggies (Cavy or Guinea Pig) and I noticed one day that Pixie would always tug on my rainbow shoelaces.

I did some checking and found out that Piggies can see in color and that they loved bright colors and then the study on the Ferrets was mentioned. I hope it is correct but still bright colors might make for interesting gray shades!!!

I never thought to crochet a dang hammock...thanks so much for the idea!

:yay:ty:yay

It has already been said probably, but the hooks you can get at Walmart curtain department if you don't find it at the shower curtain section. They are pear shaped metal clips. Very basic and you can get them for a buck.

From what I read (could be wrong) ferrets can see shades of red and blue. Dogs see blue and green?

Is there a website for the ferret rescue?

There are several websites for ferret rescue. The best one I have found is http://www.maferrets.org They have a forum that is awesome. I rescue ferrets too. We have seven, ALL males and six are rescues. I got my start with an emergency rescue brought by a friend. We also do Rats and Cavies. I will be looking into doing these ferret hammocks possibly with cotton yarn. That way they are less likely to get their little nails hooked into the yarn.

Archived