Pink fulled and leather sculpture

C.D.

This is a fulled on leather sculpture.

I received a gift of pink leather and well pink is not a color I lean towards so was at a loss as to what to do with it. I decided that since the wool would shrink it should bunch up the leather in the boiled wool bath.

It did just as I expected and ended up really liking it. To complete I took gold thread and crocheted throughout it putting gold triangle pieces to give the feel of tautness. There are shiny brass tacks hammered to the rose painted board not only holds it but finishes it. Pink leather strips are on the ends and brass tacks hammered in to complete the design.

Just click on my signature line and go to the "object wing" to see.

Hope you are tickled pink!

You are certainly an artist! I just love how you were presented with the pink leather which represented a challenge and your artistic mind was able to make it work with the wool and gold. I looked at your other things too. Chicken Little was whimsical with the chicken wire! I especially loved the Family Tree tribute to your mom and your family. What a blessing that is to be able to express yourself like that! I think my absolute favorite out of the whole group is the Blue Skies with the tree leaves that move in the wind.

I noticed that you are a Junior Villager (just one more post and you enter the "big time"!) It is a pleasure to have you here at Crochetville. Welcome!

Great work. :cheer:clap:hook

• 2 weeks later...

Archived