Need Caron Dazzle Aire yarn!

foothillscrocheter

Question

Hi everyone!

I'm in desperate need of some yarn!

Several months ago I was given some yarn by a friend. She had six or seven garbage bags full of various kinds of yarn, and she told me I could go through it and pick out what I wanted. Oh, joy! So, of course, I picked out a whole bag full of stuff. Among my choices were 8 skeins of Caron Dazzle Aire, color 2640 rust, in 3 oz. skeins (this was all she had of this particular yarn).

A couple of weeks ago I started making a cardigan sweater with this yarn. I measured the yarn with my McMorran Balance, and according to that, I had enough yardage to make the sweater. However, after making the back, both fronts, and starting a sleeve, I have only 2 3/4 skeins left, which I know is not enough.

The bad news is that Caron discontinued making Dazzle Aire yarn quite a while ago. I've looked online at the discount yarn places with no luck. Does anyone out there know of an online source for discontinued yarns that I may have missed? I've tried Smileys, YarnXpress, DiscountYarn, etc. with no luck.

Failing that, does anyone have any of this yarn in their stash? I would be happy to pay for the yarn and mailing costs. I REALLY REALLY want to finish this sweater. (I need about 3 skeins.)

Please respond to this forum, or email me at martha@nepenthean-homes.org.

Thank you all!

Martha

5 answers to this question

eBay has it, but for some reason, it can go high for bids. It has been discontinued for some time now. Your best bet is eBay. You can put in a "want ad" on eBay and if someone has some, they will contact you and let you know.

You could also start a thread on "For Trade, Sale or Free" on this forum and see if anyone has any in their stash.

I used eBay's Want It Now section just last week for some discontinued yarn I needed to finish a tank top for my daughter. I had a response within an hour!! :cheer

I had such good results, I posted another Want It Now listing for another yarn I"m running low on for a tank I'm making for myself. No bites yet, but the listing will be there for quite a while yet. I may get lucky...

You might try posting that way on eBay and see if someone has the color you need, but hasn't listed it. Good luck, Martha!

Martha,

I checked my stash and although I do have several skeins of Dazzle Aire, I don't have any rust. If you decide there's some way you can "stripe" the sweater with a different color, let me know and I'll help out if I can.

susan rae

Archived