I'm so lucky

Pink

DH and I have just got back from JoAnn's. We spent a lot of time and a fair amount of money as usual but got loads of stuff as everything was discounted (tatting thread for 10 cents, I don't tat but I can use it doubled for crochet, right?) Anyway, I searched out all the discounted thread, yarn, bits and pieces, fabric, zips, buttons...too much to list...and here we are enjoying our afternoon tea (my one concession to being English!)...and I'm checking posts and the lovely comments on that cute little gaddabout purse I made and have one on order for the school fundraiser when a light bulb goes on and I say to DH "we have to go back to JoAnn tomorrow 'cause I didn't get the yarn for that bag..."..."Oh, okay...we can do that!" "Thank you, sweetie...:manyheart "

HOW FUN:bounce .... DH and I went to JoAnn's last week while I was on vacation from work and had SO MUCH FUN!!!! I increased my yarn stash and we got fabric so I could recover our outside swing cushions... got more wind chimes.... (is it possible to have enough wind chimes? I don't think so:fluffy .... ) and EVERYTHING was on sale!

We are SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!

DH and I have just got back from JoAnn's. We spent a lot of time and a fair amount of money as usual but got loads of stuff as everything was discounted (tatting thread for 10 cents, I don't tat but I can use it doubled for crochet, right?) Anyway, I searched out all the discounted thread, yarn, bits and pieces, fabric, zips, buttons...too much to list...and here we are enjoying our afternoon tea (my one concession to being English!)...and I'm checking posts and the lovely comments on that cute little gaddabout purse I made and have one on order for the school fundraiser when a light bulb goes on and I say to DH "we have to go back to JoAnn tomorrow 'cause I didn't get the yarn for that bag..."..."Oh, okay...we can do that!" "Thank you, sweetie...:manyheart "

Wow sounds like you got quite a bit and to think you forgot the yarn:lol That is usually what I do when I go, forget what I went for.

By the way, I use the tatting thread 1 strand not doubled, when I make small fruits, vegetables and such. Of course you are using a small hook, but they do have some bright colors.:hook

Wow sounds like you got quite a bit and to think you forgot the yarn:lol That is usually what I do when I go, forget what I went for.

By the way, I use the tatting thread 1 strand not doubled, when I make small fruits, vegetables and such. Of course you are using a small hook, but they do have some bright colors.:hook

Mary Jo, your eyes and patience must be amazing to use tatting thread single stranded...I just checked what I have here and it is size 80...geez louise! Good job it is Christmas Red or I'd never see the stuff. Now I wondering if I have the skill/patience/eyes for it...will keep you posted...what size hook do you use? I just tried my 1.7, naturally that is too big and it kind of 'catches', not sure why that would be...

May Jo, your eyes and patience must be amazing to use tatting thread single stranded...I just checked what I have here and it is size 80...geez louise! Good job it is Christmas Red or I'd never see the stuff. Now I wondering if I have the skill/patience/eyes for it...will keep you posted...what size hook do you use? I just tried my 1.7, naturally that is too big and it kind of 'catches', not sure why that would be...

The smallest hook I have and I dare to use is a 12 or 1.00mm. This thread can also be used for the painted doilies, then you use three strands at a time.

As to having bad eyes, mine are pretty bad (bifocals and prisims). I have a standing goose necked lamp behind me for light. I can use one to 4 lights, depending on the color of thread I use.:hook

Archived