horizontal relief stitch??

liz31

Question

6 answers to this question

does anyone know how or where I can learn the horizontal relief stitch?

When I did a search it comes up as being one of the stitches in the 63 square afghan. so someone must know how to do it I have seen several crochet-alongs for that pattern.

I did find a picture of it.

just noinstructions yet.

You're referring to the ridge stitch. It's made by simply crocheting into the BACK LOOP of your stitch only. Just be sure to count stitches as this can easily end up a trapezoid:lol

I actually just saw this stitch this weekend, and it's not the same as just using the back loops. It has to do with using the next two stitches, and in one motion you insert the hook from front to back in the next st and then back to front of the next one. you yo, then pull through... i know it's vague, but she was young and it was hard for her to explain to me how it worked...

I was quite intriqued as well....

Here's what I found online for the actual square in question (although it doesn't look like FPDC or BPDC's, it looks more like what I was trying to describe)

#11 Horizontal relief stitch

Alternate rows of FPdc and BPdc. Tedious to do, a very thick heavy result. Pulls in like mad, I used an H hook instead of an E, and really should have gone back and done it again with an I, but did an extra round of edging instead.

So I know that wasn't much help, but I'll keep looking as it's an interesting stitch.

~K

And actually, upon further research, it does appear to be FPDC and BPDC stitches in this square.... hhmm....

I still don't think that's what the gal was showing me this weekend....must find out or my brain will gnaw at this until I do!

~K

Archived