HELP! I felted my button hole closed!!!

donnalynn2

Question

Ok, I've been in a cell phone cozy stupor lately. I have made tons and the ones for women are easiest as they require no sewing due to the little strap. Well the mens ones I make a little strap that goes across the cozy and is supposed to be able to go through a belt loop and attach to the cozy by a button. The first one I made worked like a charm but I made the rest of these with my knit picks yarn which is much smaller in weight and felts much quicker. It didn't dawn on me that all my button holes were felted and now I'm left with a bunch of little cozies with no way to attach.

Whats my best option? I'm wondering if I could purchase snaps and sew them on or something? Maybe velcro? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

4 answers to this question

you can cut the hole open

Really? So just take some scissors or something and cut a hole? I wasn't sure if it would unravel or anything! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that when I get home. :)

Well, I don't think it'll unravel either, but if it's a matter of the hole still being the right size but just all covered up, you can always try to locate it precisely and only cut where the hole actually should be...then you can probably stretch the hole bigger after cutting if you have to. :)

Archived