Still on the same ole sweater thingy

goodie2shoes

Question

How would you fasten this lacey thing should I make a crocheted tie, ribbons , here is the latest change in sleeve I my niece saw it and wanted it so I fixed the sleeves the way she wanted them sort of long belled and pointed longer on the back side of the hand. Sort of reminds me of knights and ladies.

http://crochetedrealms.blogspot.com/

The pics of the sweater are there too before I added the sleeves.

6 answers to this question

That's a GREAT sweater thingy! I love how you did the sleaves ~ your neice has excellent fashion sense and you did a fantastic job!

Personally I would use a crocheted tie over ribbon, but that's just a personal preference. It might also be cute to get a large button and crochet a little loop for it where you want it to close... don't know how the yarn drapes so that idea probably wouldn't work if it's a really soft drapey yarn, but if it has a bit of 'body' to it, perhaps...

That's a GREAT sweater thingy! I love how you did the sleaves ~ your neice has excellent fashion sense and you did a fantastic job!

Personally I would use a crocheted tie over ribbon, but that's just a personal preference. It might also be cute to get a large button and crochet a little loop for it where you want it to close... don't know how the yarn drapes so that idea probably wouldn't work if it's a really soft drapey yarn, but if it has a bit of 'body' to it, perhaps...

Personally I would use a crocheted tie over ribbon, but that's just a personal preference

ok please explain , I can be a little thick sometimges do you meanlike a crocheted piece with ribbon run thru it in and out??? The yarn is very drapey, and soft. it is Bernat Baby Softee, it weighs practically nothing, and even as holey as it is is amazingly warm.

maybe I'm not sure what I'm talking about:think ... I read where you mentioned a crocheted tie or ribbon, so I was assuming you planned to weave it through, um, some section of your lovely sweater... I was just commenting that I prefer a crocheted-chain tie to a ribbon 'cause maybe I had a bad experience with ribbon in my childhood :D I dunno. Sorry to be confusing...

I looked back at your sweater and it almost doesn't need a closure... it drapes so beautifully! And I too have found that even really 'holey' pieces are incredibly warm! Sorta like the thermal blanket effect!

any and all suggestions appreciated, maybe I will leave it up to my neice, but I would like options to give her.

I thought about crocheting a length of crochet attached to the "waist" ?? that had sort of like bars in it then running a ribbon in and out thru that one on each side for ties,,,,I would of course sew it in place the ribbon I mean. duh how's that for confusing!:lol

Archived