For your inner Hippie

Kathleen

Some of these patterns are also very beautiful today such as shawls and household items. Others can be adapted. I like the granny square vest for a little girl. Thanks for the link!:dog

Neat! Good to know ugly ponchos are one of those constants of crochet. ;)

Oh, you've got me laughing first thing in the morning! I'm working some vintage patterns right now, but these are modeled after designs from the late 1800's, early 1900's .... ummmmm, is it the '70s or '80s that has been referred to as "the decade that taste forgot" (not trying to hurt anybody's feelings - but I was forced to wear ponchos that my aunt made: burnt orange with giant dingle-balls on the end of the tie; white with dinner-plate-sized flowers made from every ugly scrap yarn she could find... :lol and did I think I was something!!!!!!

** and, yes, I saved the site and am printing some already!**

Okay. I just found this : http://www.adultramblings.therapids.net/triangul.htm

on the 'hippie' site and it is REALLY cute!!! I love lattice-work. But hubby and I got a chuckle out of the guy in the vest with the Super-8 Kodak camera, and the other shot with the coveted after crochet tie! ;) I'm feeling ornery this morning! Haven't had my coffee quota!

Archived