lame attempt at a drop spindle

jimbo

OOOh! You guys are making me miss my spindles! I haven't had time to spin in like forever! I love drop spindles, even if I'm not that great at it. I've never tried a wheel, because I can't get past the novelty of the drop spindle. To think that they come in all shapes and sizes, variations and materials of all sort. People have been using them throughout time. I have a wood one like Jimbo's and an African spinning bead, and a ceramic spindle that rests in a matching bowl. Jimbo if your drop spindles will be as beatiful as your hooks, then I just might pass out! say... have your ever seen a lucet? Do a google image search and you'll see all kinds of variations. They are used for making cord. I bet you could make those as well. There's a woman who comes to our local fiber arts fest and her husband carves lucets out of many different kinds of wood. People love handling them to see which suits them best. They charge anywhere from $25 to $40 for one.

Thanks for the lead, Playswithfood (love that handle). I'm intrigued and will definately look into lucets.

Thanks again!

Jimbo

Archived