Annie's Attic Blue Rose Doily

crochetkel

Question

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to make this smaller. I have worked with thread only one time and I love this doily. I just don't want it 10 1/2 inches across. I was thinking 5 or so inches.

Any help would be wonderful. I thought about smaller hook, but the pattern calls for 1.65 steel hook, I know there are smaller but really how much of a difference will it make?

I also crochet tightly..(unless I had a glass of wine..:heehee ) if that helps.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

To make a doily smaller you need to use smaller thread and a smaller hook. I would venture to quess about size 30 thread and a size 12 hook/1.00mm That will make your doily smaller without ruining the design. You may even have to go to size 40 thread to achieve the size you desire. Hope this helps. It sounds like a pretty doily, I haven't seen it yet.

Thank you for the tips. I will give it a try and see what I come up with. I am still very new to thread but I love the look of it, so delicate and lace like.

The doily is today's free pattern. Beautiful. If you like doilies, you should check this one out.

I think you would not like the result is you tried to decrease the amount of rows in the center. It would not lay the same at all. You would have to decrease accordingly through out the pattern to have it work out right.

It is a pretty doily. I filed it way for possible future use. Normally I design my own.

Archived