UFO's do you Frog it?? or what??

goodie2shoes

Question

I looked thru some pics I took and came up with these projects which have since gone on to become something else, At what point do you frog it and use the yarn- thread for something else, or do you just have UFOs floating around,

I have both:blush

These items here http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/emilyann_t/album?.dir=/218b&urlhint=actn,del%3as,1%3af,0

were all frogged either because , I wouldn't wear it, I didn't like the finished project, or I couldn't figure out what the heck I wanted to do to finish it.:devil The flowers weren't frogged I just haven't figured out a use for them yet, one ended up on a grandchilds hat, I do some stuff just as a exercise to see if I can sometimes.

So when do you frog it???? or do you???:think

4 answers to this question

I frog when I finally realize I'm not going to finish it/don't like how it's turning out/find a better use for the yarn.

I have lots of UFOs floating around and I know I'll finish most of them eventually.

Frogging seems very natural to me! But so do UFO's... If the UFO is so ancient its style is clearly out-of-date it gets frogged... if the color has since gone out of style it gets tossed:lol .

Sometimes I'll ponder the Why of it... Why has it been cast aside only to be moved from spot to spot, stuffed under the bed, under a chair, in a closet... is the yarn's sole reason for existence just to break through that last thread of sanity as it tangles and snags and itches me? :angry Out you go :D .

Or was the pattern frustrating and confusing and just not Fun? Frog time.

At times I find there's a sentimental attachment to the time in my life that I started a project so, alas, the UFO just sticks around orbiting my planet and occassionally popping up to say hello:c9

Paulette

I just went on a tear recently thanks to another thread challenging us to either frog or complete the UFO's/WIP's...I had to really look at those unfinished projects and make a commitment one way or the other...for the most part it came down to whether I really enjoyed the work of that particular project...like this one pot holder just wasn't turning out as I had hoped and it was more of a pain to deal with...so better to frog and start over with another pattern or with another type of thread or yarn...half the stuff I ended up frogging were really experiments to see how a stitch pattern was working out. Some things ended up being made into something else altogether...this was especially true of old knitting projects from 4 years ago...

Hard to say what is really the point of no return...

I usually let a UFO hang around for a while until I decide that I really am never going to finish it. Then, every once in a while, I go through my stash and frog & ball up the yarn from any UFOs I've given up on, ball up partial skeins that look like they'd be neater/take up less space that way, etc. Usually this whole process is a pain in the butt so I only do it when my yarn area starts to get messy or when I need to compact things to make more space.

Archived