What do you crochet for a guy???

One year for his birthday, I made my husband a Jelly Bean Duck. Like this one:

jellyduck.jpg

The pattern is here:

http://crafterscommunity.net/index.php/60

It is made entirely out of a "puff stitch" which I found to be rather challenging at first, but it turned out really nice and I learned a new stitch. I filled it with almond M&Ms (his favorite), and he loved it. I've also heard them called a t**d bird (rhymes with bird) because the candy comes out from under the back tail. :lol

Hope this helps!

:lol No, my brothers' name is Dennis, his dogs' name is Echo. Cool name for a dog, though, eh?

Your brother's name is Echo? That's very cool! :2rock

CrochetMama- That's cute! I might make that one for my dad! Thanks for sharing that. :)

Tina

I think that most of the sugestions people have come up with would be great. Socks, a light weight sweater or a lapgan would be great. (I have a SIL who lives in LA, most of the time). But, I have found that the trick in makeing stuff for DH is finding a yarn that he likes the color.

The dog is really cute. And, I agree with the poeple that said soemthing for the dog would be a great thing. I have cats not dogs (eventhough one of mine thinks he's a dog). But, I love it with my MIL buys them stuff. And mine love being on a nice soft blanket or under it. Espcailly the one who thinks he's a dog. And, my parents dog still carries around the house the blanket my mom made him years ago. Ever seen a Colliee with his blanket. It's cute.

This might be completely dorky, but I was thinking about making him a love bug. :bheart And making him some homemade candy. (Or buy him some, by the time I get any stuff to make some, my kids might be moving out...) :D

Do you think that's dorky, or no? :shrug

Dejhia- I would make him a doggie blankie, I asked him before. He said Echo has a bed in each room of the apartment. It's kind of like: what do you crochet the guy/dog who has everything? :lol

Archived