WIP 1st Sweater Shrug suggestions welcome

goodie2shoes

Question

kinda blurry but this is what I have so far

any suggestions etc welcome.

I used half of the schematics here for the pink fluffy shrug and half from other post. I haven't decided on sleeves except I know Iwant them to bell out from the elbow............hmmmmmmmmm

This is my first attempt at anything that isn't flat, I have done many afghans,

ponchos and shawls just never anything with sleeves!

Oh pictures here.

http://crochetedrealms.blogspot.com/

5 answers to this question

OOoooooooo looks great! I hope mine looks just as nice when I get it done! (I am doing it for the Crochet Olympics) How much yarn have you used? I bought a Caron one pounder but I have a fear that it's not going to be enough ....

Tina

kinda blurry but this is what I have so far

any suggestions etc welcome.

I used half of the schematics here for the pink fluffy shrug and half from other post. I haven't decided on sleeves except I know Iwant them to bell out from the elbow............hmmmmmmmmm

This is my first attempt at anything that isn't flat, I have done many afghans,

ponchos and shawls just never anything with sleeves!

Oh pictures here.

http://crochetedrealms.blogspot.com/

What about doing the same as you did with the hem/collar round, gradually increasing toward the wrists?

Looks good:)

So far I have used all of one Bernat Baby Softee and almost the whole second one, I figure about 4 should do it, I am sort of fluffy and am making mine large enough to fit a fluffy size 14, probably will be equivilent to an x large by the time I am done, and since each round gets bigger, each inch will start taking more yarn.

I was thinking about a round of tiny flowers before I begin shells building on shells to bell for the sleeves, I tried loveknots but didn't like the looks of that on this sweater.

The collar/ shawl part is getting plenty big, but I might want the bottom longer, I might just start working in rows instead of all the way around the collar too. I will just have to see what it looks like I am just trying things if it looks ok I keep it.

Archived