is this hat felted?

shelain22

Question

7 answers to this question

http://www.beppycat.com/Bucket%20Hat%20Pattern.html

I would like to make this with some of the wool I got in the swap, but i cant tell if its felted or not, it looks like i tbut it dosent say to felt:think

I don't think it is. Sierra is a bulky yarn which would accomodate the K hook. :fluffy

It looks to me from the picture like it was felted, and Sierra is a yarn that felts nicely - per its description:

A sturdy, no-nonsense yarn that is cushiony and soft, producing garments that will last for years. Textured stitches and cables really stand out. Sierra also felts into a very thick fabric.

It's not felted. The stitch and row counts are basically the same as other bucket hats that aren't felted. Compare it to this one, but keep in mind that example is done in dc so there are half as many rows as the pattern in question which is done in sc.

If you've ever felted anything, you know the prefelted product is much larger than the post felted. A prefelted hat will flop loosely over your face and down to your neck (example here).

This hat is done all in sc. A typical acrylic hat pattern done in sc has about 30-35 rows. This one has 33. What I'm getting at is that if you felted this hat it would fit a small child. Plus you can plainly see the stitches in the picture.

Archived