Felted 'Bangle-Style' Purse.. will it work?

JCB

Joan,

I agree with your thoughts about the dangles not being dangly once felted.

However if you chain a few stitches off the bag and tie on the dangles or wool strings with the dangles tied on the bottoms. Once felted they could be interesting. How about just around the top or bottom of a bag?

Humm interesting.

Joan,

I agree with your thoughts about the dangles not being dangly once felted.

However if you chain a few stitches off the bag and tie on the dangles or wool strings with the dangles tied on the bottoms. Once felted they could be interesting. How about just around the top or bottom of a bag?

Humm interesting.

Hi C.D.

I was referring to the bangle style handles... they are usually just a decorative round hoop of a handle, bit the shape of the bag sort of counts on the fabric to drape... which felted bags probbly won't do. But, I have seen a similar style handle that is like a large 'D' (but on it's side, and that might work.

Speaking of 'Dangles'... I was on vacation down in Florida last week and went into a VERY toney shop. I saw some bags that had marvelous dangles hanging off... some were single strands of small beads, and some were a gauze-like fabric with what sort of resembled leaves. Very cool. Came w/ a very cool price tag too, I might add :) I resisted shelling out the $155.

Joan

I have seen where someone felted a bag and made flaps to put around the bangles. Once it was fulled and dried, they sewed the flaps around the bangles/handles (just so you know I understand what you mean!-LOL)

That's a great idea! I was working on a round purse... that would work great to kind of straighten out the top part. Got frustrated with it because I need to make two 'circles'... and the second one is not coming out the same size as the first... even though I thought I kept good notes as I was going along... grrrr!

Joan

Archived