How To Crochet a Curlicue

FOREVER CROCHETING

Question

9 answers to this question

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but I did curlies by doing a chain and just single crocheting back on it. Just the one row will start to curl up. Is that what you meant? I used it for "vines" on my baby pumpkin hats.

I dont get how it looks but you're just doing an sc, chaining 11, skip the first chain, and then sc in the back loops only back to where you started then you sc again in the stitch you started in. You do all this without moving from the stitch you started in.

Hhm. It really sounds like what I described. How is it a circle? Unless you connect the ends to make a loop. This sounds like what I did for a crazy fringe on a scarf. It's like a curly tassle.

hI cHICKPEA67,

Sorry haven't answered sooner have been sick. Best way I know how to describe it is when you crochet back into the same st it ends up looking like it is rolled into a circle. When I crochet into same st am not getting that effect. It is not a spiral effect that dangles down. Like said before I know it is so simple.

Are you wanting to end up with curlicues, like on this scarf?

th_spiral.jpg If this is in fact what you're trying to acheive, what Rachel and theworm have said is correct. To me, the pattern you're trying to follow isn't very clear. Actually, it looks like they left out the increase part, which is what causes the spiral in the first place.

If you're doing this on the end of a scarf for fringe, like shown here, this is what you'll want to do:

sc in first st, *chain however many you want [11 chains will end up to be a short curl], then go back and 2sc into each ch. Sl st into first sc, then sc in next stitch and repeat from *.

Archived