Stupid @#$$%ing edges!!!!!

curibe

Question

Hi guys,

I'm making a wrap using the joann sensations boucle yarn. I'm using two strands with an N hook. My stupid edges are coming out all uneven. It is not easy working with these new yarns, especially ones where it's hard to see the stitches. I've always had difficulty making my edges even. Sometimes I get confused where to do the last stitch. Needless to say, I'm frustrated, angry, and probably will not crochet one more stitch until I get some advice!!!!

Cristy:angry :angry :angry :angry

4 answers to this question

I love that yarn - but only for knitting! I absolutely can not crochet with the stuff, no matter how I try, no matter how careful I am. I've tried 'til I've practically frogged the bobbles off the yarn!! So my advice would be use something else or only use it for afghans or a soft scarf where you'll get away with your work not being perfect.

Good luck...

I tried making a scarf with that stuff but finally gave up and did it on the knifty knitter. It was really easy on there. But I agree, it sucks, but it's best to count your stitches.

Hi Su,

These new "funky" and "fun" yarns are NOT easy to crochet with. I am very disappointed with my uneven edges but I'll have to deal with it. What I'm going to do is just make a prayer shawl out of it and then add fringe.

Cristy

Archived