Bedrest baby blanket

lrguyer

Question

Well, I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and just got put on bedrest because I recently went into preterm labor. I was hoping to use up some of my time by making my baby a blanket. I only know the basics of crocheting....I can do single stich, double and triple stitches. I have made blankets before out of just double stitches. But I would like to try something a little harder and prettier than just single stitches. But I cannot figure out how to read patterns. Does anyone have any suggestions about where to go online or good books to get about reading patterns? Also does anyone have any patterns that are good for beginners? Thanks!

LISA :)

6 answers to this question

A list of useful tutorials:

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/tutorials.php

A list of baby patterns:

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/baby_afghans.php

My favourite booK

Donna Kooler's Encyclopedia of Crochet.

If you run into a problem with a pattern just post your question:)

All the best with your BABY!

Lisa,

If you can find an online pattern that you like, you can email, PM, or IM me the link and I will help explain it to you. Most patterns are really easy to follow, once you get started. If you know all the basic stitches, then you shouldn't have a problem, patterns are just a way of combining stitches into cool looking patterns.

I am very impressed with the replies I have gotten so far. Thank you all for being so helpful. I think I may even have found a pattern or two that I might try. I will definitely be posting again when it comes down to actually reading the patterns! Thank you so much for the help!!!

Good luck with the bed rest! Years ago I was on bed rest with my last child. I crocheted until I couldn't anymore, read till I'd had it with reading, finally got some coloring books and a BIG BOX of crayons, and used that to relieve the boredom once in a while! Go, Barbie and Cinderella coloring books!

Archived