White cascade 220 yarn?

JCB

Has anyone had experience felting White cascade 220? I have read that white sometimes will not felt due to the bleaching process. Just wondered if anyone used the Cascade to felt. (I have used other colors and they felt wonderfully.)

Thanks!

Joan

Has anyone had experience felting White cascade 220? I have read that white sometimes will not felt due to the bleaching process. Just wondered if anyone used the Cascade to felt. (I have used other colors and they felt wonderfully.)

Thanks!

Joan

The lady at the local LYS said the only answer to that question is to felt a swatch. Sorry.

i *heart* cascade 220 but have never used white..

I love it also. I found an eBay seller who had the stuff 'on sale' and she also was selling white.

I had taken a book out of the Library called "Pursenalities" and she states she only uses Cascade 220. She uses it doubled up, but her patterns are all knit. I have used it single strength and it felts really nicely.

Joan

Joan,

Thanks for the note from the author on using double strands to felt knitting. Looks like crocheting is better suited to felting, to get the thickness needed to make the purses.

She uses it doubled up, but her patterns are all knit. Joan

[/color][/font]

I am not a fan of felting with white if, I do not want the stitches to show. I normally use it to accent pieces where the stitches showing is not so disruptive to the piece.

Has anyone had experience felting White cascade 220?

Thanks!

Joan

Archived