Need 4 testers for hat pattern (Please close)

Jimmie Lu

I am done to .. please look at the 3 pictures on my photobucket ( http://photobucket.com/albums/a111/Guzman_69/) .. on thing i had a problem with is row 6 wasn't coming up with 68dc came up with 72

I got that too when I did it, forgot to change that on the copy, I was trying to finish fast that I left that off the row count when checking..

Wasn't it fast and easy to do, too... I don't have girls but I do have a lot neighborhood girls that would love this...I did mine in bernat softee in natural..

I'm with the others; Rnd 6 comes up with 72 stitches. (Glad to see the posts here 'cuz I kept thinking, "What am I doing wrong?!" :eek )

Mine came out fitting loose; I think it's wider than it needs to be, or maybe my crocheting is just loose today! I'm gonna try another one with increasing every 3rd stitch on rnd 6 instead of every 2nd stitch. I'll let you know how it comes out. Then you can use the change in your pattern if you'd like - or not - and I don't mind either way 'cuz mine are all going to charity anyway. :U

I have one small suggestion, which is something I always do on my hats. Instead of starting a round with a ch-3 to count as the first dc, I do a ch-2 (which does NOT count as the first dc), then I do a normal dc in the same place to count as the first st. Then when I join the rnd, I join in the top of the first dc (not the ch) and that fills in that little "gap" at the beg of the rnd.

I'd also rate this as a beginner pattern.

Croshay

On Rnd 6, I ended up doing increases in every 4th st, for a total of 60 sts. I also added 2 extra rnds of dc's before the sc rnd.

It worked up really nice and easy, and I will definitely make more of these for my charity project.

I hope my testing and input has been helpful to you.

Croshay

Jimmie Lu,

I will have the hat pattern done by tomorrow. My son was bit by a dog this morning and he bled on what i had done of the pattern :-(

BonnieCrochets

I sure do hope your son is okay!:( I know just how awful that can be. My daughter was bitten when she was nine and ended up in the hospital for somewhere around 5 or 6 days. :hug

Bonnie, glad to hear he's OK. I'm scared of dogs, and stories like that always scare me. Our neighbor's pit bull chased my husband and kids last summer and I'm still afraid to walk in our neighborhood. :ohdear

Croshay

Tell your hubby he is a good sport most men would be caught dead wearing a pink hat let alone having a picture taken and posted on a web site!!! LOL

Thaks everyone.

I am off to finish the shawl pattern I am working on

Archived