Moda Dea Patterns

viggie

Question

My Michael's had Moda Dea yarns on sale for 50-70% off...so I was forced to buy I ton...lol. My Christmas present to myself was 4 skeins each of 5 different types of yarn. Now I'm looking for things to make with them. I noticed a few threads with people looking for patterns, but not really any good suggestions other than the Moda Dea website.

Do you know of any good patterns? What have you made with yours?

3 answers to this question

We're in the same boat! I bought 2 skeins of Ticker Tape (and I know I'll buy more tonite as I have to go in there to get some lights) and since the Ticker Tape is in MY fave colors and it's a special yarn that's normally so expensive I want to treat myself to something with it...

The Moda-Dea website really doesn't have much in the way of crochet patterns and since I can't seem to find any other brands that have something similar to Ticker Tape I'm stuck...

I know that 2 of the yarns that were on sale were basically the same things as Fun Fur and Angel Hair so if you got those, that should be pretty easy to find patterns for... I'll be watching this post hopeful that someone will have a good suggestion!

I made the Mohair Ripples scarf from Vogue Knitting on the Go: Crochet Scarves book out of Moda Dea Dream instead of mohair, since I was pretty poor around holiday crafting time. It came out looking like this

detail?.dir=ae48&.dnm=e23d.jpg&.src=ph

and I was pretty happy with it,although it's nothing like the original in the book, which was green, brown, and white, and also, uh, mohair. I recently got four skeins of Dream in the pecan color in an eBay auction, which I made into this shelves and V's scarf pattern (http://crochet.about.com/od/easy/ss/aa052205.htm?nl=1) . It ended up much looser and fluffier than their picture -- it's a totally different scarf in fuzzy Dream. It took two skeins to make a nice fluffy lacy scarf that's not scratchy if you wear it directly against your next.

Similar to your problem, I got a massive pile of Carons Feathers at Big Lots of all places for $2/skein. It's the same idea as Dream -- a piece of chenille with an incredibly soft fuzzy overlay, but the fuzz is in one or two different colors from the primary chenille. No idea what I'm going to do with it but it was so weird to see Carons at Big Lots (really, still think I hallucinated it) that I bought tons of it.

I guess I haven't really answered the question (unless you feel like making ONE MORE SCARF) but I sure do feel your pain!

--Elissa (pragmatica)

Archived