So Simple Crochet

tropicallie

Has anyone seen this book yet? I picked it up today at Borders. I was suprised to see it has a copyright date of 2006. Anyway, it has really current patterns in it as well as a couple to die for vintage lace creations. Great eye candy. Really cute multi-colored jacket. My wanna-do projects are really piling up here.

I stumbled upon this book at borders last month - I made several things - the mohair scarf/shawl, the shrug - and I just started that jacket!

I love the book - you do have to read the instructions carefully - there are a number of errors in the shrug - just be warned!

This book really caught my eye since...like everyone else, I love the selection and style of nearly all the projects. I got a few books just last week with a coupon from Borders, so I haven't actually made anything yet. I can't wait to start. However, I purchased wonderful handspun wool from a women in Maryland (Wool 'N Quilts - Triple 'R' Farm) and I'm looking for the perfect, easy cardigan to use this yarn. I don't want anything too bulky.

Sondra

I just received the book from my honey for x-mas :clap I haven't had a chance to start any of the projects yet, but i know the first one will be the ruffled white cardigan, it's just so beautiful!

• 2 weeks later...

Tropicallie,So sorry to take so long to get back to you!

(Hooked- Please post a pic of your jacket when you get it done. Are you using the Noro yarn she recommends? I ask because I'm thinking of using a cotton blend - I think wool might be too warm here in Florida.

I used a lane borgessia cotton yarn that I picked up on e-bay. I never use the yarn they suggest...it is always so hard to find.

I will try to put up a picture this week!

Archived