Men's slipper/ large feet Q

Sonny321

Question

I'm making a pair of slippers for my Father in law. I made him a pair last year that he really liked but never got to wear because they were too small.

I want to make him a bigger pair but I don't want to spoil it by having to ask him to measure his foot or by just guessing and getting it wrong like last year. So I need to borrow someone's mens size 12 foot. I need the length measurment from heel to toe and the measurement around the widest portion of the foot.

Any one willing? I kinda need the meaurement today as I'll be giving them as a gift tomorrow.

4 answers to this question

These are awesome and work up really quickly:

http://www.******/crochet/slisoc.html

If you use 2 strands like the pattern calls for, it makes a really nice slipper! My hubby has a size 12 foot and I just added 2 extra rows to make it a bit bigger.

Rows 2-9:Sc inback loop of each sc across; ch 1, turn.

Here is where you would add a few extra rows. IMO I would do 4 extra rows, so intead of doing 9 rows here, I would do 13 instead then follow the rest of the pattern for the decrease. My DH's are a little snug so that's why I suggest 14 rows of SCs... I did these yesterday afternoon and they only took a few hours... GOOD LUCK!!!!

P.S. I did mine in Caron's Simply Soft in Black but Wool-Ease would probably be warmer...

this might help too. It is a shoe size conversion chart. It has both US sizes and inches.

For anyone else, here is a conversion chart for international sizing.

I found these a while ago when looking for the cm/inch measurement for size 14 American feet.

Thanks a million! that's just what I needed since I have my own slipper pattern in my head that I am working from and now I can adapt it to work. Fabulous!

this might help too. It is a shoe size conversion chart. It has both US sizes and inches.

For anyone else, here is a conversion chart for international sizing.

I found these a while ago when looking for the cm/inch measurement for size 14 American feet.

Thanks a million! that's just what I needed since I have my own slipper pattern in my head that I am working from and now I can adapt it to work. Fabulous!

You're welcome and Merry Christmas!!!!!

Archived