Beth's Little Star afghan

badrhinogillett

Question

Well, I should be finished with my Christmas projects tonight!!!:cheer :cheer So, my next "to-do" is Beth's Little Star Afghan. The pattern on the website is only listed for a preemie size. I was wondering, how many rounds have people made it to make it for a regular baby blanket and not the preemie size?

Also, I am going to do it in 2 colors and wondering how other people have done the color change? How often?

2 answers to this question

I have just kept adding rows basically until I ran out of yarn to make it larger. The color changes are a little harder to explain, but you can search the board in the finished product areas to see how people often others have changed the colors. I personally had made the color change with the second slip stitch in on the begining of the row.

Elizabeth

:cheer I found that the Round Ripple was better to make as a shawl for a baby.

:think When it is about 18 inches across, the Star looks OK but any bigger and the points seem to look out of proportion to the whole thing.

:cheer The Round Ripple on the other hand, looks OK at any size.

:yay They are both very pretty and fun to do but I think the Round Ripple looks best at Shawl size.

Thats just my opinion as I have made both.

The Star, I made in Rainbow colours and my mother has it as a chair back, the Round Ripple, also in Rainbow colours repeated twice, I gave to a new baby in our neighbour-hood.:hug

Colleen

Archived