4 - PLY YARN and Ponybeads

fireandice

Do you have a pattern picked out? Are you planning on a lot of beads or just accent? Glass beads? I would decide where I wanted my beads, figure out approximiatly how many and string them in advance. To work the beads into your piece you will bring the strung bead up behind the work before finishing the stitch. This is my method of doing a beaded stitch.

bsc = Beaded single crochet which is done in this manner : Begin a sc stitch, when you have the loop caught up and through. (Two loops on hook.) Move a bead behind stitch before finishing your stitch in the normal manner.

I prefer that method of applying beads or you can use beads with a large enough hole you can reach a crochet hook through and catch up the yarn, You normally have to use larger beads for that method. Hope this helps you.

One more point I forgot to add is that your beads will be on the wrong side of the piece so plan accordingly. There are methods of getting them on the right side but for a first time I would recommend the easiest method and not try and get too clever. Once you get the hang of it you can experiment with other methods. Have fun, Crocheting with beads is great.

• 2 months later...

Archived