loom?

ria

I have knifty knitters and knit-around.. They are fast and easy to use.. You need to use 2 strands of worsted or 1 of Bulky yarn. Turns out like knitting with Big needles...Grandkids each made a hat while they were here for Thanksgiving..

I have the Yarn-A-Round, the Knifty Knitters, and a fine gauge sock loom and I love them all. I find them very fast - though it takes a few rows to get into the groove. It's a lovely, mindless thing I can do while role playing or watching TV. :D

And the afghans work up so quickly on them! I've been working on a crocheted one (all in single crochet) and it's taken me *years*, but with the Yarn-A-Round it works up really fast. :D

And its the only way I can do Fun Fur scarves - I just drop stitches with crochet, but on the looms, there's no way to drop a stitch. :)

There are probably 5 women that use them at my weekly knitting/crochet group and now that they are familiar with using them, most of them can finish a hat in 4 hours or less (adult sized). So I would say yes it does go faster, however you do need to work at getting used to it and familiar with it. There are a couple sites I've found with videos, instructions and patterns.

Movies

Patterns

Archived