I need help with a scarf please.

happytee40

Question

Just learning to crochet and I am trying to make a scarf that I found in the November Issue of Crafts N' Things. It is a Loop Fringe Scarf. It is rated easy but I dont think so.:think I have ripped out what I started three times. When I get started with the scarf it looks fine and then as I add more rows one side of the scraf is not coming out straight. it is going in on one side cant figure out what I am doing wrong. I am using Caron Glimmer Yarn it is a think yarn and a size K hook.

Instructions: ch 26

Row 1: Turn. Ch 3. Work 3 dc in 4th ch from hook, skip next ch 1 sp, dc in next ch 1 space, *skip next ch, 3 dc in next ch 1 sp,skip next ch 1 sp, dc in next ch sp.* Rep bet *'s across.

Row 2: Turn Ch 1 Sc in each dc across.

Repeat rows 1 & 2 until scarf measures 54" long, ending with Row 1 but do not break off.

Okay my question is am I suppose to repeat row 1 from the very beginning or from the * ? I started from the beginning but when I started my dc in the 4th ch from the hook I had a big hole before I did my dc. So when they state from the 4th ch does that mean start counting after I chain 3 or start at the bottom and count until I get to the 4th dc? I hope this question makes sense. :blush

IF anyone can help me I will be very greatfull. :clap Thanks Theresa

2 answers to this question

Generally when you see * or () you would repeat whatever is inside of the brackets or after the *... So it appears as though you need to repeat starting from the * all the way across...

Hmmm, CH 3 and then stitch into 4th chain from hook? That's weird... I don't quite understand how you'd do that if you only have 3 chains on the hook! Maybe someone else can lend some insight into that one!

Good luck!

Instructions: ch 26

Row 1: Turn. Ch 3. Work 3 dc in 4th ch from hook(ignore this part when you repeat the row, this is for working into the chain only), skip next ch 1 sp, dc in next ch 1 space, *skip next ch, 3 dc in next ch 1 sp,skip next ch 1 sp, dc in next ch sp.* Rep bet *'s across.

Row 2: Turn Ch 1 Sc in each dc across.

Repeat rows 1 & 2 until scarf measures 54" long, ending with Row 1 but do not break off.

Row 3: Turn. Ch 3, skip next sc, dc in next sc, *skip next sc, 3 dc in next sc, skip next sc, dc in next sc. Repeat from * across.

I think there is a typo in row 2 and there are two ways you can do it and you will have to look at the pattern to know which is correct.

Row 2A: Turn. Ch 1, sc in each dc and ch 1 across.

Row 2B: Turn. Ch 2, sc in next dc, *ch 1, sc in next 3 dc, ch 1, sc in next sc. Repeat from * across.

I think Row 2A is correct, but you will have to judge from the pattern picture.

You should be able to repeat Row 2A & 3 to the desired length, ending with Row 2A.

Let me know if you have any other questions, you can email, PM or IM me.

Archived