Project Runway

Cathy W

A reality series that aired on Bravo - kind of like "American Idol" but for fashion designer wannabes. The winner, Jay, had a couple crocheted items in his final runway show (there was a poncho, some crocheted embellishments on a skirt, and maybe a few other items I couldn't tell for sure about...)

The prize was cash to start his own line of clothing. He is, it seems, just wild about crochet and knitting and quilting, so if he succeeds it might mean more crochet at retail, and if nothing else more visibility for the art. :)

• 3 weeks later...

It's just great that a man won for this top prize. Fashion design is just a great field, and then add some crochet elements, and things are just Fabulous!:manyheart

Linda

• 1 month later...

I loved his crochet pieces and thought it was exciting to see crochet included. It was a very "out of the box" concept for him to include it. Plus, it completely fit in with what he sewed. Did you all see that they're going to do a special on him on Bravo. I think it's called something like "Life After Project Runway" or something like that. I'll be looking forward to it. I've enjoyed both seasons or it.

Archived