From Oregon Here

JouJou

i am learning how to crochet and i live in portland, oregon... my name is stephanie and i am 20 years old. :D

hello everyone! my grandma used to live in cottage grove.. :D do you guys think you could help me with this harry potter scarf i am making? here is the link: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cwe-wizardScarf.html i know how to chain and half double crochet, but thats it right now... i am doing scarf #3 the slytherin one... what does it mean with it says "hdc in each ch across, trun – 22 sts." that confuses me, especially the "22 sts". i am confused on how to do this scarf, the whole thing confuses me... :(

The 22 sts is the row count... It's how many stitches you should have at the end of the row. So here is what I am thinking... crochet your half doubles across (all 22 of them) make a turning chain (so your finished product isn't slanted) and repeat.

Good luck

Elizabeth

what do you mean make a turning chain?

The 22 sts is the row count... It's how many stitches you should have at the end of the row. So here is what I am thinking... crochet your half doubles across (all 22 of them) make a turning chain (so your finished product isn't slanted) and repeat.

Good luck

Elizabeth

Okay the pattern should read ... hdc in each st across (22 sts) then you are going to want to chain 2 (that will be your turning chain... then repeat the hdc in each st across (22 sts), chain 2

The turning chain is on row 2 so you know. (I had to look) Sorry to confuse.

A book that I whole heartedly recommend is Crocheting School: A complete course. You can find it at JoAnn's and Barnes and Noble, on book sellers on the web, and even in the library. Check it out. It will help you read patterns and things and even has several simple motifs for you to do.

Hope that helps...

Elizabeth

Archived