Sign in to follow this  
Lavelle26

Mom's Poncho

Here is a poncho I made for my mother for Christmas. She picked ou the pattern. It is called Wrapped in Bows except I left off the bows around the bottom. I just didn't like them.

th_100_1434_edited.jpg

Here is a closeup of the stitches. I used two kinds of yarn stranded together. Red Heart Tiki and Sinfolina.

th_100_1436_edited.jpg

I used an "N" hook. This took me about three days to make but that was only because I had to frog the whole thing. (yes..the WHOLE thing.) I didn't have a proper "N" hook and I used an "M" and tried to adjust my guage but at the end I realised that didn't work and the poncho was way too small. :blush

Anyway, its done now and looks great. I am pleased with it.

Frog the whole thing?!?!? Oh no!!! I feel for you! But, It did turn out great!

Well, it was worth the time! It looks great! And dont fel bad, I have to frogg acout 2 hours worth of an afghan and about an hours worth of a scarf! I made a simple mistake that was makeing my ends all wonkey, thank god Vicki(mythunderbird) helped my fix it, else I would have probably just put it in the trash!lol