What can you do in an hour?

This afternoon I taught a 7th grade boy and his mom the basics of crocheting. The boy did great, he managed to make a cute red bell to put on his Christmas tree, his mom was a way behind him. His kindergarten sister learned how to braid thick yarn and the art teacher brushed up on her crocheting skills.

Not bad, eh?

(Does this sound like I'm bragging? I hope not, I'm just so proud of them all.)

:think Imagine if you teach 2 people to crochet and they in turn teach two people, we will soon have the whole world crocheting.

:think Then, imagine the World Leaders Conference of the future, everyone sitting around crocheting and solving world poverty. The meetings would serve a double purpose as the blankets and clothing made by the world leaders could be distributed to the needy.

:hook Better still, teach the needy to make their own, then eventually they will become the world leaders.

:cheer All because you taught some people to crochet today.

Good work.:cheer

:hug To you Pink.

Have fun.:clap

Colleen.

You have every right to be proud so well done :cheer I have tried a couple of times to teach my seven year old daughter and she was doing pretty well but she's like me and impatient to be good. She wanted to start by making a sweater for her toy lion without a pattern:eek

:think Imagine if you teach 2 people to crochet and they in turn teach two people, we will soon have the whole world crocheting.

:think Then, imagine the World Leaders Conference of the future, everyone sitting around crocheting and solving world poverty. The meetings would serve a double purpose as the blankets and clothing made by the world leaders could be distributed to the needy.

:hook Better still, teach the needy to make their own, then eventually they will become the world leaders.

:cheer All because you taught some people to crochet today.

Good work.:cheer

:hug To you Pink.

Have fun.:clap

Colleen.

I LOVE that thought...and am thinking about teaching a whole bunch of students next year, ya'know, one small chain stitch for man, one giant afghan for mankind!!

Archived