need help with a pattern

snbarclay

Question

Okay this is suppose to be easy but I have been struggling with it . Here is the patteren Baby Boucle - Cardigan now the part that I am sumpt on is going from the right front to the back . I started at the bottom of the right front and did the36 st and it says to cont pattern until arm hole measures same as right front to shoulder ending with rs facing . now there is a gap between the two parts is it suppose to be? Then it says for the left front to ss next st, does that mean to pick up where you left off on the back? This is suppose to be a christmas gift and it was suppose to be easy I am confused. Help!!!!!:eek

3 answers to this question

:hook Because you are doing the whole body in one piece, from the bottom, you have to split it for the armholes.

:hook You work in one piece to the armholes, then you do the right front. When that is complete, you go back to the where you split for the front, and re-join your yarn to work the back which is probably straight for the same number of rows as the front, leaving 1 stitch un-worked.

:hook When you have completed the back, you will complete the other front to mirror the first front you did. There will be 1 stitch un-worked between the two parts.

:hook The shoulders will then be joined and the sleeves added, then the remainder of the jacket will be completed. This is why it is important to make sure you have the right number of stitches as you do the main part of the jacket. If you happen to be out on your count when you go to divide for the fronts, (as long as it is only one or two stitches you are out) do the fronts with the right number of stitches and do the back with less stitches or add them in on the first row of the back. You can count and mark your parts before you start the dividing, with small safety pins.

:hook This is an excellent way to make a small garment because there is very little, if any, sewing together. Just finish off the ends.

:think I did not look to see if the sleeves were worked separately or actually crocheted on to the armholes, in the round.

Good luck.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Archived