Curly cardigan

Charlene Conlon

Question

Hi. I'm new both to this board and to crocheting. I have just finished making a Big Collar Cardigan like the one in the Interweave Crochet special of 2004. It was my most ambitious project yet. I did it in Knitpicks worsted Wool of the Andes, rather than the very expensive Goddess yarn, in worsted 50/50 wool cotton. I did it to gauge, using a smaller hook to get the required gauge. The stitch used throughout is called 'relief rib'.

I blocked it, although I had never blocked anything before, and that helped the curl a little. I have sewn it together, added the collar and the button--and both the bottom of the cardigan and the collar curl up outward. How can I fix this? This cardigan took me a month! Help!!!:eek:help:worried:faint

5 answers to this question

I pressed it--with steam, and it is better. It looks very asymmetrical, which it's supposed to--but not exactly like the picture in the magazine.:think It's sort of cropped, because I'm tall and didn't adjust it for my height, and boxy. It looks very Asian, and hopefully the effect will be sort of 'I paid a whole paycheck for this in a boutique you'd be afraid to go into'--instead of 'What the &^%$ is that she's wearing?':shrug

I don't know if it will help but I've had the same problem with some other sweaters I've made and have found that if you add a row/possibly 2rws of single crochet around all the edges, SOMETIMES it will help it to lay down right. I don't really know..... but on some of my sweaters it works and others it doesn't :( Might be worth a try.

Ana

Archived