I just have to ask, where do you find good crocheting books?

Leisure Art Booklets, are great and accurate, that is most important to me, they usually have many patterns per booklet, and I am never disappointed. You can get them online at their site. Also Encyclopedia of Crochet, is excellent resourse. Normally $25 but can get it onsale for about $12.00, it has so much info and pattern stitches that I use to make up my own stuff. I love this book, Your right about Wally World, they USED to carry a lot of patterns, but not anymore. But my most best place for patterns is this SITE. I have printed more patterns than I will ever be able to make in my life time, and its free. And all are fantastic.

Hi Beachlady!!

I'm with you, I have also printed more patterns then I'll most likely be able to use,!! but it's soooo much fun :clap .. I also bake German Stollens around the holidays, my relatives on my fathers side of the family are all from Germany, & the only thing I do different with the stollens, is I pick out my own fruit, which is dehydrated:) , (not candied):2nono that stuff is nasty:angry !! Dad likes my stollens better.

Lately, the local book stores and craft stores have seriously reduced crochet book stocks. I buy a lot of out of print books from eBay and by searching for sellers on the internet. But, there is nothing like physically holding a book and examining it before purchase.

I live in Chandler, AZ, and can get to Mesa quite easily. The Fiber Factory on Main Street has a great selection of crochet books, displayed on shelves, not racks. They also have racks of magazines and booklets.

Having more patterns than you can use in your lifetime is no reason not to buy more patterns.

I always have an eye open for crochet books so I'm always looking through books at Michael's and Barnes & Noble, even the grocery store! Many have already pointed out that this can be expensive and to shop through amazon but I need to see what I'm buying first. If I can be patient, I'll order it.

I also get lots of patterns online and get tons of ideas by reading tons of crochet blogs! There are many talented designers right in our midst! Also, on blogs you can see what other people have made and ask them where they got their patterns. People are only too happy to share. :)

Good luck with your search. It looks like you already have lots of good ideas.

Archived