What Do You Do With Scraps of Yarn?

I love this! What do you plan on doing with it? Good job!

I'm making this freeform thingie from scarps, I'm getting rid of a ton of them.

evenbiggerscrumble2gg.jpg

This is also made from scraps. As you can see, I didn't get rid of all of them. ;)

purse46ea.jpg

That rug is so neat! Thanks for the pattern!

Hmm...I'm in mid-coffee so I'm probably forgetting a bunch of things LOL

Cotton scraps: coasters, dishcloths, potholders (yes! the dread potholder! :lol multicolored usually for scrap ones since they take more yarn than dishcloths)

Other yarns: throw rugs (this pattern: Scrap Yarn Rug-PDF file is fantastic for using up scraps--you need a bunch of a neutral color but then each of the blocks only uses a small amount of the second color. Here's one I made-- http://daisywreath.net/gallery/d/135-2/scrapyarnrug.jpg -- though it's slightly wobbly around the edges because some of my worsted weight scraps were heavier than others), squares, cat toys (I've made one mouse from a pattern, but any small toy stuffed with yarn scraps and catnip or valerian goes over well, too), striped scarves if you have scraps that coordinate well

I know I have a ton of other things I do with scraps but can't remember offhand :)

Thanks. :manyheart

I'm going to make it a scarf. I haven't even finished crocheting it, but I've already started sewing fabric to the backside of the finished end of it. :lol

That helps a ton! Thanks so much:ty

Here is a cute pattern----simular to mile a minute,

but easier: http://www.******/crochet/cudafg.html

It is called "Crocheted Cuddly Kittens"

Mile A Minute are just done in strips, and then stitched together.

Here are some examples:

MILE A MINUTE STRIPS:

Stacked Hearts

Victorian Fans

Shells & V's

Open Fans

The Classic Strip and Variations

Stacked Christmas Trees

Hope this helped.

I take my scraps to the elementry school in town. They use them for their weaving projects for the 3rd graders. The art teacher LOVES me. I also donate spools from empty thread and cones from yarn.

There are so many things you can do with scraps! I love making "little" projects like bookmarks (I know most people use thread for them but I use yarn for little ones and they turn out great!), I also save them for ornaments, coasters, anything small! But they are also great for the larger projects too, such as afghans and such!

I took what I had left from a few of my ponchos and make a skirt. Unfortunately I didn't have enough to make a size 6 for my youngest, but got a size 4 instead. If the picture doesn't show up on here look on my blog for the album call scrap yarn skirt. I knitted every row on this one but you could easily sc every row or what ever stitch you want. Just be creative!:hook

here's the link:http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mommagoincrazy3/detail?.dir=a5c7&.dnm=353dre2.jpg&.src=ph

Archived